Association Jeanne Jugan
The Association Jeanne Jugan offers to Catholic men and women the opportunity of sharing in the spirituality of the Little Sisters of the Poor, participating in their mission of hospitality, and of helping to spread the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan in various social and professional surroundings.
After a year of spiritual preparation, new members are inducted into the Association Jeanne Jugan on May 1, the feast of St. Joseph the Worker, patron of Little Sisters of the Poor.
AJJ activities at Jeanne Jugan Residence include:
- Volunteering in various areas of the home;
- Serving as lectors and Eucharistic ministers;
- Visiting Residents who are hospitalized, room-bound or in need of special attention;
- Helping with the meal service;
- Assuring a comforting presence with the dying Residents;
- Assisting with fund raising initiatives;
- Participating in regular activities as well as holiday and special events.
Following a time of initial formation, membership is sealed by an annual promise:
“In your presence, Lord Jesus, with your grace and
Through Mary’s intercession, I commit myself to the
Association Jeanne Jugan of the Little Sisters of the
Poor, for one year. I promise to serve you in the
Elderly with joy and love, by following the example
Of humility and confidence left to us by Jeanne Jugan.”
If you are interested in learning about the Association Jeanne Jugan, contact Sr. Therese at 302-368-5886